The hospitality industry is so popular and the most reputed industry. It provides a grand and lavish future to the one who wants to be part of the hospitality sector. Since the time of modernization began, the hospitality sector is one of the sectors that is immensely growing day by day. Hospitality is not a technical skill that we learn from school or college, it has come from our roots; means family, house. We have always taught that we should welcome our guests with full honor and respect and provide them with all the facilities that make them comfortable at our place. So, this is the skill that we all receive from our parents and family.
Similarly in the hospitality industry learners will get to know more about the basic ethics and techniques with practical learning at a broad level. It provides them with a platform that enhances their inheritance culture values with modern technology and the requirements of the current time. As we all know, the Customer is the King in the hospitality sector. So all skills are taught according to the customer’s behavior. There are N numbers of hotels, restaurants, bars, and social/party clubs where these young and energetic professionals are required.
Basic Definition and Types of Hospitality Sector
The hospitality industry is the industry that is directly connected to the customers or clients, where all services are moved around the needs of customers. It can be called the broad zone of the service industry that consists of lodging, theme park, events, food and drink services, and also transportation. In this sector, success depends on who efficiently and effectively you treat and serve your guest and how wonderful you host the guest along with your team. The hospitality sector is such a vast field that can be found anywhere in the world because from a small shop to fancy restaurants, customer service is the highlight of the place, the way you treat your guests is highly noticed. Here are the 5 main sectors in which the hospitality industry mainly divided, but united by the customers:-
- Food and Services
- Travel and Tourism
- Luxury Service ( Movie Theatre)
- Others ( Media, Human Resources, Finance, and Real Estate)
Is there any Good Future Scope in this Sector?
No doubt it is the most common question in the student’s mind that is it the best choice for a comfortable future or not? The answer is obviously Yes, hotel management and travel and tourism management are overloaded with grand and lavish opportunities. After successful completion of the course, students will get an opportunity to work in hotels. Restaurants, bars, travel companies, tourism sector, event management companies, and various other available platforms. On the basis of your skills and capabilities, hotels and other companies select you and provide you with an attractive salary package. This course allows you overseas opportunities as there is high demand for skilled managers, chefs, front desk, and housekeeping staff. Here are some popular and reputed scope for the students after the completion of the program:-
- Hotel manager:- It is the most popular and respected position in the hotel industry. The manager is the person who organizes, controls, and manages all the activities of the hotel.
- Front desk or receptionists:- The most comfortable job in this sector, receptionists are the person that you meet first after reaching the hotel or airport.
- Chef:- It is the best position for all the people who love to cook for others with full passion and present the food in various creative methods.
- Traveling consultant:- After the course, you can be a travel consultant, who provides basic advanced knowledge to travel around the world.
- Event planner:- It is high in demand position, an event planner can take part in event planning, cooperative planning, wedding planning, and so on.
- Housekeeping:- It is the one who works behind the frame but yet a very essential part of the hospitality industry. They are the ones who directly interact with customers and provide them with all the possible services.
Best Universities to Gain Hospitality’s Skills
This is one of the most popular courses among the youth globally. You will find the course in every single country. The course is offered in the form of a diploma, PG diploma, undergraduate degree, and postgraduate degree program. For the bachelors; BA in hospitality and management, BA in food and beverage, BA in hotel management, etc. For PG program; Masters of hotel management, Masters in bakery and confectionery, etc. Here are the lists of some prominent universities that provides world’s best hospitality skills and internship after the completion of the course;
- University of Surrey
- Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne
- Gilon institute of higher education
- Oxford Brookes University
- Purdue university
- Les Roches International School of Hotel Management
- Cornell University School of Hotel Administration
- Bournemouth University
- Hotelschool The Hague
- Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management
The hospitality industry is a rapidly growing sector that gives vast scope for job seekers in multiple forms as we discussed above. The food industry, travel industry, and event industry are vital parts of this and these are the things that are never going to stop. So, it is very clear that the hospitality industry is full of scope and tremendous career growth. We hope this hospitality industry tour will clear all your doubts and queries. No doubt, it would be a great choice for you.